The Leadership Arts Board Fair and Graduation Celebration is the culmination of the 2022-2023 Leadership Arts program, which was CBCA’s largest Leadership Arts cohort ever.
- 4:00 – 5:30 pm Cultural Nonprofit Board Fair. This annual event enables dozens of cultural nonprofits to meet Leadership Arts alumni and explore ways to get involved.
- 5:30 – 7:00 pm Leadership Arts Graduation Celebration. This graduation party and ceremony will recognize the 2022-2023 cohort with food, drinks and entertainment. They become part of an extensive Leadership Arts Alumni Network with over 1,000 graduates in the last 26 years.
For Nonprofit Organizations
The Board Fair is an opportunity for arts and cultural nonprofit organizations of all sizes and types to meet Leadership Arts graduates and start the conversation about volunteer service and engagement.
Registration for cultural organizations was due by April 21. If you would like to participate in the Board Fair, please contact Lindsey Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBCA wants all participating organizations to put their best foot forward. To help you prepare, here are some useful Board Fair Recruiting Materials. We also encourage organizations to be ready with other opportunities for people to get involved, such as committee positions, advisory roles, volunteering, attending upcoming events, etc.
CBCA Board Fair Checklist
We strongly recommend that your organization completes this checklist before attending the Board Fair on May 10.
As an organization…
- We have discussed our recruiting needs for new board positions
- We have a board member job description or documented roles & responsibilities
- We have a clear process for getting to know and assess new board candidates
- We have a clear orientation process for new members once approved
- We are ready with other opportunities for people to get involved, such as committee positions, pro bono services, advisory roles, volunteering, etc.
CBCA will send additional details about the Board Fair (what to bring, where to park, etc.) two weeks before the event. Don’t hesitate to contact Meredith Badler at email@example.com or Lindsey Bell firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
For Leadership Arts Alumni
All past Leadership Arts alumni are invited and strongly encouraged to participate in the Board Fair. Alumni can register here! Let us know if you’re attending by May 3. You’ll be sent the list of cultural organizations to consider in advance. You’re also welcome to stick around for the graduation celebration with drinks, food and live music.
Photographs and/or video will be taken at this event. By taking part in this event, you consent to your image/likeness, voice, and/or name being used in photographs and/or film, and any reproductions or adaptations thereafter, by Colorado Business Committee for the Arts (CBCA) for utilization in any and all print and digital media in perpetuity. If you do not wish to be photographed and/or filmed, please contact CBCA at email@example.com.
CBCA strictly follows the host venues’ health and safety standards and maintains compliance with local, state and national mandates. We appreciate your cooperation to respect and adhere to all COVID safety measures of our host venues and partners. Click HERE for more information on Arvada Center’s policy.
If you have any questions on these policies, please contact CBCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.