Advocacy is speaking up for something you believe in. At CBCA, we believe that art is smart for business; that the creative industries are essential to Colorado’s economic prosperity; and that cultural vibrancy strengthens community vitality.
CBCA engages in ongoing community education to advance these beliefs and foster a network of arts supporters in the business and civic sectors. CBCA also brings awareness and influences decision makers on policies and initiatives locally, statewide and nationally that advance the mutually beneficial relationship between arts and business.
What we do:
- Mobilize a grassroots platform to advocate directly for the arts, culture and creative industries through Colorado Arts Action Network
- Publish a biennial report on the financial and social impact of arts & culture in the Denver metro area. Learn more about the Economic Activity Study
- Facilitate a statewide network of business and civic leaders who support the arts. Learn more about the Colorado Cultural Champions
- Convene members of Colorado’s General Assembly who support the arts in order to keep them informed on important topics and policy priorities in the arts, cultural and creative sector.
- Participate in national coalitions focused on state-level and federal arts advocacy and capacity building, such as the Creative States Coalition, WESTAF’s Western Arts Action Network and Americans for the Arts’ State Arts Advocacy Captains Network.
- Present to community groups on arts and business partnerships, arts advocacy in Colorado, and why art is smart for business. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about scheduling presentation
- Feature a monthly Advocacy section in the member newsletter, Inside Track. Learn more about CBCA Membership.
- Collaborate with cultural partners to share consistent messaging on the importance of supporting the arts during the pandemic. Check out the Arts through it All campaign