Colorado Business Committee for the Arts (CBCA) works to advance Colorado’s creative economy by connecting business and the arts. We accomplish our mission through year-round advocacy, research, training, and arts engagement efforts. Become a CBCA Member today!
Congratulations to the winners of CBCA’s 27th Annual Business for the Arts Awards!
Colorado Business Committee for the Arts announced the winners of the 2014 Business for the Arts Awards to a sold-out luncheon filled with arts, business, and civic leaders on March 5, 2014 at the Seawell Ballroom, Denver Performing Arts Complex.
2014 Business for the Arts Awards Winners
These five winners were chosen from fifteen finalists and announced during the awards luncheon:
Create Award acknowledges an outstanding, for-profit creative business that has made a significant impact on Colorado’s creative economy
- Rakun for establishing a creative incubator that promotes economic and professional development, collaboration and growth for the Denver’s handmade community
Impact Award highlights the innovative use of the arts to propel business success, programs that engage employees with creativity and other community activities that support arts and business partnerships
- AspenPointe for its exceptional military artistic healing program in Colorado Springs that uses the power of art to teach self-expression and coping skills
Philanthropy Award honors exemplary corporate citizenship and generosity to arts and cultural projects and organizations
- Arrow Electronics for advancing innovation, creativity and collaboration through inventive partnerships and philanthropy in the arts
Workspace Award pays tribute to an exceptional work environment that advances business objectives
- Gates Family Foundation for its renovation of a historic Denver building that reflects the Foundation’s values, honors the building’s legacy, and showcases Colorado artists
John Madden, Jr. Leadership Award recognizes a business sector individual who has made significant contributions to advancing arts and culture in Colorado
- Robert & Judi Newman for their visionary leadership to increase access to the arts and vital arts education in Denver and nationally
The distinguished judging panel for the 2014 Business for the Arts Awards consisted of:
- Raydean Acevedo, President, Research Management Consultants, Inc.
- Kim Day, Manager of Aviation, Denver International Airport
- Alan Lee, Senior Vice President, U.S. Bank
- Brian Vogt, CEO, Denver Botanic Gardens
Learn more about the 2014 Business for the Arts Awards, including all of the finalists and luncheon entertainment, HERE.
PrintFolio is a limited edition suite of four original fine art prints by well-known Denver artists. This project aims to highlight Denver’s vibrant visual arts scene and encourage art collecting in the community. Proceeds benefit CBCA Leadership Arts, a training program for people interested in serving on nonprofit arts and cultural boards of directors. The Leadership Arts Alumni Network spearheaded this effort.
PrintFolio is $500. Click here to view the artwork and learn more about the project.