Do you have a passion for photography or a desire to turn your art into high quality prints? If so, join us for an exclusive workshop led by Tyler Vitello, better known as ‘dittlo’. With over a decade of experience in the industry, Tyler is a seasoned professional who has worked closely with a variety of creatives, artists, and local businesses to capture stunning visuals that tell a story.
In this workshop, Tyler will share his insider tips and tricks for capturing artwork that is ready to be turned into prints. You’ll learn everything from DIY-level techniques to the more advanced methods that Tyler uses in his own work. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced photographer, this workshop is the perfect opportunity to take your skills to the next level and learn from a true master of the craft. There will also be light snacks and drinks!
- Introduction to equipment needed: attendees will learn about the necessary equipment for photographing their artwork, including cameras, lighting, and tripods from DIY to professional.
- Camera settings: attendees will learn about camera settings that can affect the quality of the images, such as aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.
- Lighting techniques: attendees will learn how to set up lighting for their artwork, including the use of natural light and artificial lighting.
- Composition and framing: attendees will learn about composition and framing techniques to make their artwork look visually appealing in photographs.
- Post-processing: attendees will learn basic post-processing techniques to enhance the quality of their images, such as adjusting color and contrast.
- Q&A: attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback on their own work.
- At a minimum, please bring a phone with a camera, but a DSLR or mirrorless camera is preferable.
- Sample of your artwork or other object you’d like to photograph
- Lighting equipment (such as softboxes or light tents)
- Laptop or computer with photo editing software (such as Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom)
Tools for the Creative Life is a workshop series aimed at providing creatives with connection, new skills, inspirational capital and tools to craft a healthy creative ecosystem. Presented in partnership by the RiNo Art District, Transforming Creativess, CBCA, and the Creative Integration Initiative.