CBCA’s annual Business for the Arts Awards luncheon is on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm at the Seawell Ballroom, DCPA. CBCA will honor businesses and individuals for their exemplary partnerships and engagement with the arts. Over 700 business, cultural and civic leaders will attend this arts-infused event. This luncheon will also kick-off CBCA’s 30th Anniversary of connecting businesses and the arts to advance Colorado’s creative vitality.
The 2015 Business for the Arts Awards Luncheon is SOLD OUT. Contact Meredith Badler at 303-282-5135 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot on the waiting list. Thank you!
2015 Business for the Arts Awards Finalists
Winners in each category will be announced at the luncheon.
Create Award acknowledges an outstanding, for-profit creative business that has made a significant impact on Colorado’s creative economy
- Boulder Digital Arts is a vital resource for digital artists and creative professionals through workshops, classes and events in this ever-changing field.
- Kadoya Gallery exhibits and engages southern Colorado artists in the heart of Pueblo’s creative district.
- NINE dot ARTS, an art consulting firm, transforms public spaces, fuels artists’ careers and fosters dialogue about our creative economy.
Impact Award highlights innovative use of the arts to propel business success, programs that engage employees with creativity and community activities to foster arts and business partnerships.
- Community College of Denver designed the art-infused Confluence Building to ensure all students feel welcome and important.
- General Services Administration is a federal agency committed to integrating and celebrating the arts with their public places and employee engagement.
- Sage Hospitality, a leading hospitality management company, uses art to create unique, memorable experiences.
John Madden, Jr. Leadership Award recognizes a business sector individual who has made significant contributions to advancing arts and culture in Colorado
- Dana Crawford has been preserving and revitalizing Denver’s historic urban spaces for forty years.
- Bill Marino spearheaded the creation and development of the Lakewood–West Colfax creative corridor.
- Craig Ponzio’s vision and support for Children’s Hospital Colorado transformed treatment and healing through the arts.
Ernst & Young Next Wave Leadership Award (NEW IN 2015) honors rising professionals who are leading the future of our cultural community. Finalists must be under the age of 40 as of March 11, 2015.
- Ely Corliss is positively impacting Greeley’s Creative District and their emerging music industry through media, production and venues.
- Katie Kruger galvanizes young professionals’ involvement in the arts through board service and leadership of Cross-Cultured.
- Ben McConahey was instrumental in the founding and ongoing success of Denver Museum of Nature & Science’s Young Professionals program.
Philanthropy Award honors exemplary corporate citizenship and generosity to arts and cultural projects and organizations
- Bellco Credit Union has a generous, long-standing commitment to support diverse cultural activities and partnerships across the metro area.
- DaVita HealthCare Partners advances arts and culture through employee engagement, community service and collaborations to support arts education.
- Janus Capital Group’s innovative Student Art Buying Program engages students with the creative economy and the value of art in their schools.
2015 Awards Judge
- Jandel T. Allen-Davis, MD, Vice President, Government and External Relations, Kaiser Permanente
- Joe Blake, Chancellor Emeritus, Colorado State University
- Margaret Hunt, Director, Colorado Creative Industries
- Rich Kylberg, Vice President, Global Marketing & Communications, Arrow Electronics
- Sacha Millstone, Senior Vice President, Investments, The Millstone Evans Group of Raymond James & Associates
Watch videos of all the past Business for the Arts Award Finalists on CBCA’s YouTube channel
For information about previous Business for the Arts Awards winners and events, click here.