This position leads membership cultivation, sales and retention; securing and fulfilling sponsorships and grants; and executing individual donor campaigns. The Membership & Development Manager leads the creation and implementation of an annual development plan. Requirements include excellent interpersonal communications, multi-tasking and time management skills, and the ability to work with diverse stakeholders from arts, business, civic and government. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Marketing & Development Coordinator, which is supervised by the Deputy Director.
The Membership & Development Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively promote and sell CBCA membership benefits
- Develop membership recruitment, retention and renewal strategies
- Identify and cultivate target member prospects
- Manage membership communication and work with Marketing & Development Coordinator on correspondence including acknowledgment letters/emails, as well as new, renewed and canceled member letters and emails
- Assess member satisfaction through online surveys and in-person meetings
- Create and update member prospecting and retention tools including prospect spreadsheets, as well as QuickBooks and Salesforce reports
- Oversee delivery of and increase engagement in member and Patron member benefits, including participation in monthly ArtsConnect member events, member profiles, etc.
Development (Donors, Sponsorships, Partnerships and Grants)
- Create and implement CBCA Development Plan to align with organization’s revenue goals and annual budget
- Secure financial support from corporations, foundations and individuals
- Sponsorship recruitment and fulfillment for CBCA programs and events
- Oversee grants including working collaboratively with team members to research, write and submit grant applications; track and report on grants secured
- Direct annual giving campaigns for the Business for the Arts Awards luncheon, the annual recurring donor campaign and Colorado Gives Day, as well as other individual giving strategies
- Identify CBCA growth opportunities and strategic partnerships with reciprocal members and others
- Lead special event table and ticket sales
- Sell advertisements in Business for the Arts Awards Luncheon program book
- Lead and assist Leadership Arts class in fundraising efforts for the Deborah Jordy Scholarship Fund
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors and community partners
- Network and attend appropriate professional, arts and community events
Board of Directors
- Manage Development Committee, assisting with agendas, reports and materials
- Work with CBCA’s Board of Directors to coordinate Board fundraising efforts
- Participate in Individual Engagement Plan (IEP) meetings for all Board members in conjunction with Executive Director; work with Marketing & Development Coordinator on tracking Board pledges and commitments
- Delegation, collaboration and coaching of Marketing & Development Coordinator on various membership and development related duties
- Supervise database maintenance of membership and donation records
- Manage invoicing and collections with Marketing & Development Coordinator for membership, sponsorship, donations, program advertisements, ticket/table sales
- Oversee and present regular reports:
- New, renewal and canceled member reports for Board meetings
- Annual analysis of development and membership reports
- Database reports for membership contact information
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience in membership, fundraising and/or development roles
- Can be successful working remotely, independently and collaboratively
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Platforms used by CBCA include, but are not limited to: QuickBooks Online, WordPress, MailChimp, Salesforce, Blackthorn and Experience with these or similar platforms preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a customer service orientation and professional demeanor
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit sector and/or arts, culture and creative fields, a plus
This is a full-time position plus benefits. Salary range is $50,000 – $65,000 annually depending on experience.
Flexible work environment, including working remotely, with occasional in-office and in-person programs and events. Occasional evening and weekend obligations may arise for certain programs and events.
CBCA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. For more information about CBCA’s mission, vision, values and Inclusivity Statement visit: https:// cbca.org/ about-cbca/.
To apply, please send the following materials to email@example.com by end-of day Monday, July 10, 2023.
- Cover Letter
Include “Membership & Development Manager” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please.