Organized by the Colorado Business Committee for the Arts (CBCA), the Advancing Creatives Intensive (ACI) is designed to be a launch pad for creative professionals and entrepreneurs who want to articulate and take practical steps to achieve their business goals. The cohort-based approach incorporates peer learning and accountability.
The ACI 2023: Denver Metro program is a six-session program from April – June 2023, hosted at Arapahoe Community College’s Art & Design Center in Littleton, CO.
ACI 2023: Denver Metro is ideal for artists of all disciplines who are emerging in their creative career and arts business. Topics include goal setting and business planning, branding and marketing, legal issues and financial management. The program incorporates various speakers, practical exercises, toolkits and networking activities.
By completing the Intensive, participants will be eligible to apply for a limited number of Career Advancement Grants, supported by Colorado Creative Industries, up to $500 to further their ongoing arts business.
This program is possible thanks to support from Colorado Creative Industries, Kenneth King Foundation, Telluray Foundation, Meow Wolf Denver, Ent Credit Union and Arapahoe Community College.
APPLICANTS SHOULD BE:
- Residents of Colorado who are able to attend all in-person ACI sessions in the Denver metro area
- Practicing artists who are currently working professionally and/or are looking to make their creative endeavors into a business venture. ACI is ideal for artists who are emerging in their creative career and arts business
- Working in the creative industries, including visual arts, music, theatre, dance, design, fashion, film/TV, literary arts, crafts and creative placemaking
- Willing to participate in ongoing program evaluation to assess the short- and long-term impact of the Intensive
CBCA will prioritize an Advancing Creatives Intensive cohort that includes diverse creative practices, expressions and backgrounds in Colorado. The ideal cohort size is 20-25 people.
TIME COMMITMENT AND EXPECTATIONS
Sessions will be held twice a month on Monday evenings in April, May and June. Schedule is subject to change. The current schedule is:
- April 17 from 5:30 – 8:00 pm
- April 24 from 5:30 – 8:00 pm
- May 15 from 5:30 – 8:00 pm
- May 22 from 5:30 – 8:00 pm
- June 12 from 5:30 – 8:00 pm
- June 26 from 5:30 – 8:00 pm
All sessions will be hosted at Arapahoe Community College (ACC)’s Art & Design Center, 2400 W Alamo Ave in downtown Littleton. A light dinner will be provided at each session.
There will also be informal cohort meet-ups and homework assignments in between sessions to help maximize the impact of the program.
Participants are expected to make every effort to attend the entire Intensive. There will not be a virtual or hybrid option.
Tuition for this Advancing Creatives Intensive (ACI 2023: Denver Metro) is $250 per participant.
Tuition covers all associated program materials and a light dinner at each session. Tuition does not cover any travel costs or parking.
CBCA offers flexible payment plans. Partial scholarships are available. If you are interested in applying for a partial scholarship, please contact Meredith Badler at email@example.com in advance of the application deadline on March 24.
Tuition is non-refundable once remitted and enrollment in the ACI 2023: Denver Metro program is non-transferable.
All application materials must be received by end-of-day Friday, March 24. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status no later than March 31.
If you have any issues with this application or uploading attachments, please contact Meredith Badler at firstname.lastname@example.org
You cannot save and return to this form. Be ready to submit all content and attachments at once.