CBCA’s Advancing Creatives Intensive (ACI) is a curriculum designed to be a launch pad for creative professionals and entrepreneurs who want to articulate and take practical steps to achieve their business goals.
The ACI 2023: Colorado Springs program will be a condensed, weekend-long pilot of the ACI curriculum in the Colorado Springs region from February 10-12.
ACI 2023: Colorado Springs is ideal for artists of all disciplines who are emerging in their creative career and arts business. Topics include goal setting and planning, marketing and promotions, legal issues and financial management. The program incorporates various speakers, practical exercises, toolkits and networking activities. The cohort-based approach fosters peer learning and accountability.
By completing the Intensive, participants will be eligible to apply for a limited number of Career Advancement Stipends up to $500 to support their ongoing work.
ACI 2023: Colorado Springs is produced in partnership with Anthem Music Enterprises and Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region (COPPeR), with support from Colorado Creative Industries, Kenneth King Foundation, Telluray Foundation, Meow Wolf Denver and Ent Credit Union.
APPLICANTS SHOULD BE:
- Residents of Colorado who are able to attend the full in-person, weekend-long program in the Colorado Springs area.
- Practicing artists who are currently working professionally and/or are looking to make their creative endeavors into a business venture. ACI is ideal for artists who are emerging in their creative career and arts business.
- Working in the creative industries, including visual arts, music, theatre, dance, design, fashion, film/TV, literary arts, crafts and creative placemaking.
- Willing to participate in ongoing program evaluation to assess the short- and long-term impact of the Intensive.
CBCA will prioritize an Advancing Creatives Intensive cohort that includes diverse creative practices, expressions and backgrounds in Colorado. The ideal cohort size is 10-20 people.
TIME COMMITMENT AND EXPECTATIONS
The ACI 2023: Colorado Springs program will be over the weekend of February 10–12. The tentative schedule below includes meals and breaks.
- Friday, February 10 from 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, February 11 from 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Sunday, February 12 from 9:00 am – 11:30 am
Sessions will be hosted in person at Anthem Music Enterprises, 975 Garden of the Gods Rd, Suite i, Colorado Springs, CO 80907.
Participants are expected to make every effort to attend the entire Intensive. There will not be a virtual or hybrid option.
Tuition is for this pilot weekend Intensive is $250 per participant.
Tuition covers all program materials and meals, including two breakfasts, two dinners and a lunch. Overnight lodging and travel expenses (such as parking and mileage) are not included.
CBCA offers flexible payment plans. Partial scholarships are available, based on financial need. Please contact Meredith Badler at email@example.com in advance of the application deadline on January 20 to discuss a potential scholarship.
Tuition is non-refundable once remitted and enrollment in the Advancing Creative Intensive in non-transferable.
All application materials must be received by end-of-day Friday, January 20. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status no later than January 31.
If you have any issues with this application or uploading attachments, please contact Meredith Badler at firstname.lastname@example.org
You cannot save and return to this form. Be ready to submit all content and attachments at once.