2012 General Services Administration
On My Own Time Employee Art Exhibition
CBCA and General Services Administration Rocky Mountain Region ( GSA) announce the innovative Government Agency On My Own Time (OMOT) Employee Art Exhibition program. GSA and CBCA have joined with Arts & Venues Denver and Colorado Creative Industries to exhibit the artwork of select City & County of Denver, State of Colorado, and Colorado-based federal government employees.
CBCA’s OMOT program identifies, encourages and acknowledges the creative talents of government employees. OMOT allows the participating government agencies to show that creativity is a vital part of their workforce, their agency’s success and is valued by the citizens of Colorado. Each participating agency hosts its own exhibit of artwork that employees have created on their own time. CBCA convenes a panel of art professionals to judge each agency exhibit. The winning entries from the individual shows go on to the Multi-Agency Show to be held December 7, 2012 through May 13, 2013 at the Colorado State Capitol Building.
Participation in the 2012 Government Agency OMOT is open to current Colorado-based federal government employees. Any works of art that have been completed previously or artwork completed specifically for this event during an employee’s non-working time may be included.
Artwork Categories for the 2012 OMOT Government Agency Show include:
Photography (traditional and digital)
Fine Crafts (clay, textiles, metal, glass, wood, etc.)
Fine Arts (acrylics, drawings, oils, prints, watercolor, etc.)
Sculpture (3-dimensional artwork)
Digital Media (work created in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD or similar program – film/video/animation will NOT be accepted)
The GSA OMOT Show is limited to one entry per artist on a first-come, first-serve basis up to 100 entries. CBCA and GSA reserve the right to refuse to display any work they deem unacceptable due to poor craftsmanship, lack of compliance with hanging guidelines or unsuitability in a public venue. CBCA and GSA will not accept for display politcal statements, nudity, lewd or pornographic despictions, violent of menacing images, weapons, or ethnic slurs.
The artist is responsible for all shipping and handling costs both to and from the exhibit.
- September 7, 2012: Entry and Release Forms plus a JPEG image of artwork sized at http://www.ripfish.com/zapp/ due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 24-26, 2012, 7:30 am to 3:00 pm: Artwork Drop Off at Denver Federal Center, Building 41, Second Floor Ambassador Desk, Attn: Kathy Peterson, Denver, CO 80225 – shipping/handling at artist’s expense
- October 15-26, 2012: GSA OMOT Exhibit – Denver Federal Center, Building 41
- October 18, 2012: GSA OMOT Awards Presentation, 4-5 pm, Denver Federal Center, Building 41
- October 29, 2012: Artwork Pick Up at Denver Federal Center, Building 41, between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm for those pieces not juried into the Multi-Company Show – shipping/handling at artist’s expense
- October 29 – December 3, 2012: GSA will store and deliver juried artworks to the Multi-Agency Show
- December 7, 2012 – May 13, 2013: Multi-Agency OMOT Show, Colorado State Capitol and Office of Economic Development and International Trade
Forms and Display Requirements:
Questions? Contact CBCA at 303-282-5135 or email@example.com.