CBCA announced the winners of the 2016 Business for the Arts Awards at their annual luncheon on March 9. This signature event honored companies and individuals for their exemplary partnerships and engagement with the arts, to a sold-out crowd of 700+ arts, business, and civic leaders at the Seawell Ballroom.
The keynote address was delivered by Jane Chu, Chairman of the National Endowment of the Arts, marking its 50th anniversary this year.
Guests enjoyed pre-entertainment from Denver Chalk Art Festival and Metropolitan State University of Denver’s The Substitutes Jazz Quartet and the SCFD Polar Bears. Performances from DCPA Theater Company and DeVotchKa, Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities, Cleo Parker Robinson Dance and Swallow Hill Music provided inspiring and energetic entertainment during the event.
- Share Denver – Winner
- OZ Architecture – Finalist
- Steel City Art Works – Finalist
EY Next Wave Leadership Award
- Will Chan – Winner
- Tara Bardeen – Finalist
- Deanne Gertner – Finalist
- Illegal Pete’s – Winner
- Brookfield – Finalist
- Saint Joseph Hospital – Finalist
John Madden, Jr. Leadership Award
- Former Mayor Bob Murphy – Winner
- Judy and Newell Grant – Finalist
- Kimberlee McKee – Finalist
- Crestone Mercantile – Winner
- Ent Federal Credit Union – Finalist
- U.S. Bank – Finalist