This event is sold out. If you’re interested in getting on the waiting list, please contact email@example.com or call 720-428-6720.
The annual Business for the Arts Awards Luncheon honors outstanding business & arts partnerships from across Colorado. This inspiring, arts-infused event is attended by 700+ corporate, cultural and civic leaders. This signature event is one of Colorado’s most anticipated luncheons. The 2018 Business for the Arts Award Honorees will be celebrated for their innovative partnerships, generous philanthropy, creative businesses and stellar leadership across the state.
2018 Business for the Arts Awards Honorees
The Business for the Arts Awards Honorees are exemplary organizations that have gone above and beyond to support the arts and creative industries.
- Bellco Credit Union has a strong and sustained commitment to philanthropy in the arts, including Denver Art Museum’s Free for Kids program.
- Dazzle, Denver’s premier jazz venue and restaurant, has been supporting musicians, arts education and community causes of all kinds for over 10 years.
- Delta Dental of Colorado enhances cultural vitality through sponsorship, programming and employee engagement, bringing art and smiles to faces across the state.
- Downtown Artery is a creative hub in Fort Collins that supports a community of creators, including a performance venue, gallery space, classrooms, studios and a café.
- Gensler, the international architecture firm, has made a lasting impact on Access Gallery through a decade of steadfast, growing and multi-faceted involvement.
- RTD & City of Aurora, in partnership, made an extraordinary and exemplary investment in public art with the creation of the light rail’s R Line.
- Stanley Marketplace opened its doors in Aurora with innovative arts partnerships ranging from experimental immersive theater experiences to pop-up art galleries.
- Xcel Energy supports outreach and access to arts and cultural organizations across Colorado through philanthropy and an extensive employee volunteer program.
EY Next Wave Leadership Award
The EY Next Wave Leadership Award honors rising professionals who are leading the future of our cultural community.
- Kate Perdoni, Producer of Arts District, Rocky Mountain PBS, has spearheaded cultural growth in Colorado Springs through her leadership of the Pikes Peak Arts Council and activation of DIY venues and pop-up events.
John Madden, Jr. Leadership Award
Named for CBCA’s founding chairman, the John Madden, Jr. Leadership Award recognizes a lifetime of extraordinary leadership and a legacy of support for the arts.
- Hal Logan, Founder & Director, Basic Materials and Services LLC, has exemplified profound and dedicated cultural leadership at Bonfils-Stanton Foundation, Denver Botanic Gardens, Denver Museum of Nature & Science, Scientific & Cultural Facilities District and more.
Colorado Attorneys for the Arts (CAFTA): Volunteer Attorney of the Year
New in 2018: The Volunteer Attorney of the Year recognizes an outstanding attorney who has provided pro bono legal services to Colorado creatives and advanced CBCA’s Colorado Attorneys for the Arts program.
- Caroline R. Kert, Attorney, Law Offices of Daniel T. Goodwin, has provided pro bono legal services to artists, community outreach for CAFTA and supports the creative vitality of Colorado through her volunteerism.
Leadership Arts Alumni Network (LAAN): Cultural Leadership Award
New in 2018 as part of the Business for the Arts Awards: The Cultural Leadership Award recognizes an outstanding graduate of CBCA’s Leadership Arts program who had made an impact on arts and culture in Colorado.
- Cecily Cullen, Managing Director & Curator, Center for Visual Art, Metropolitan State University of Denver (Leadership Arts 2011), has been an enthusiastic advocate for the arts through her years of service, mentorship and community engagement.
The 2018 Business for the Arts Awards Honorees, John Madden, Jr. Leadership Award, and the EY Next Wave Leadership Award were selected by an independent panel of arts, business and community leaders. The Volunteer Attorney of the Year Award was selected by the CAFTA Advisory Committee. The Cultural Leadership Award was selected by the LAAN Award Committee.